Sunday, February 08, 2009

i'm the macaroni with cheese

i've had this song in my head for DAYS! take hits from the eighties (ya ya) but do it sound so crazy.

tonight is the Grammys! i am scared that i am accidentally going to watch the whole thing and then 7 hours will have been taken from me. but i would like to see Katy Perry and Miley/Swiftie perform, and Kanye and hmm, maybe that's it. and since you're dying to know: if I was in charge, here's who would win the categories I care about.

Record Of The Year Paper Planes, M.I.A.
Album Of The Year Anyone but Coldplay
Song Of The Year Chasing Pavements, Adele (but this is a pretty thin category!)
Best New Artist Jazmine Sullivan (based on a quick YouTube listen)
Best Female Pop Vocal Performance I Kissed a Girl, Katy Perry
Best Male Pop Vocal Performance Closer, Ne-Yo (by process of elimation and this is the only one I can sing in my head AND there was a SYTYCD routine to it!)
Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals
Apologize, OneRepublic
Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals
yuck x 5
Best Dance Recording
Harder, Faster, Better, Stronger, Daft Punk
Best Electronic/Dance Album Robyn, Robyn (or Cyndi Lauper. As long as there is a Y in the winner's first name.)
Best Rap Solo Performance
Paris, Toyko, Lupe Fiasco
Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group Swagga Like Us, Jay-Z & T.I. Featuring Kanye West & Lil Wayne
Best Rap/Sung Collaboration Superstar, Lupe Fiasco ft. Matthew Santos
Best Rap Song
Superstar, Lupe Fiasco ft. Matthew Santos
Best Rap Album The Cool, Lupe Fiasco
Best Score Soundtrack Album The Dark Knight, James Newton Howard & Hans Zimmer, composers
Best Song Written For Motion Picture
Walk Hard, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
Producer Of The Year, Non-Classical
Rick Rubin (yes, mainly because I'm editing a book on him right now)

p.s. i bet my downstairs neighbours have a lot of opinions on the Grammys since they love music so much they blast it really loud all the time. like at 8:30 this morning and 11:30 the other night. also: they listen to crappy music! roasted!

5 comments:

Allthewine said...

When you say anyone but Coldplay, does that include oil Wayne? Cause ew, no, let's let the joke stop here.

I want Taylor Swift to win something!

Also, that Daft Punk song is at least 7 years old.... Oh Grammy people!

Crissy Calhoun said...

OK! Anyone but Coldplay or oil Wayne. Shall we just give it Radiohead?

Taylor Swift will win best not-nominated 18-yr-old country/pop songstress who used to date Joe Jonas (of the year).

I am listening to Fearless RIGHT NOW.

allthewine said...

Oil Wayne, LIL Wayne. Same diff.

Crissy Calhoun said...

he's pretty oily! It's his new nickname.

Kerry said...

Speaking of Cyndi, speaking of editors, I find it amazing that her name is so often misspelled. She is referenced surprisingly often, and I think every style guide should have a section devoted to the unusual reversal of her "y" and her "i". This is a passion of mine.