Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Press Conference!

Welcome to the first Calhoun Tribune interview! I saw this post over at All the Wine's excellent blog and now, zomg, it's time for me to answer 5 questions.

if you want
me to ask you 5 questions:
1. leave me a comment saying you want to be interviewed.

2. I'll email you five questions, of my determination not yours!

3. You update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


And we begin:

1. Let's get straight to it. Marry, boff, kill: Chuck Bass, Dan Humphrey, Nate Archibald (based on the characters).
No hesitation, I know my answer — marry Nate Archibald, boff Chuck Bass, and kill Dan Humphrey. (Sorry, Serena!)

As our dear Blair Waldorf found out two weeks ago, Chuck Bass says "wife" like it's the worst word in the world. He ain't the marrying kind. He's the boffing kind. Our dear Natie is used to the Love of his Life boffing Chuck Bass, so he won't mind. (BTW, I assume the boffing is a life-long thing, like marriage?) Nate has figured out his daddy issues (for the most part), is all about being honest and stuff, and is totally hot. I can marry him NO PROBLEM despite his opera hair. That is what I will bring to the relationship: advice about his hair. So, sorry, Dan Humphrey, there's no room for you. Lonely Boy is just a little too judgey and reminds me a little too much of an ex–love interest for boffing. Off with your head, D.


2. How would you describe your personal style?

Um, um. Right now my personal style is a little bit boring -- I live in blue jeans. Usually a pretty ordinary outfit with just a touch of flair, like something neon or some bit of jewelry so I don't bore myself to bits. I love boots and dark eye-makeup and messy wavy hair. The 'minimal effort in, for maximum results' type of style.

In the past year (totally because of a deadly combo of Gossip Girl and Mad Men and my friend Claire), I'm way more into wearing skirts and dresses and colorful tights and actually thinking about what I'm wearing. I'm turning into a downmarket mashup of all the Gossip Girl girls: B + S + V + J = CCalhoun.


3. What's your favorite thing about living in Toronto?

With the exception of three months in L.A., I've never lived anywhere farther than half an hour from Toronto. I don't know what living anywhere else is like: my entire home and my people (minus the ex-pats) and my work are all here. But that sorta has nothing to do with Toronto itself. I like the seemingly endless possibilities of Toronto: neighbourhoods, scenes, people, festivals, parks and the islands and beaches, we get all four seasons, and there are three really good brunch spots within a three minute walk from my house. the St Lawrence Market. And when Geri Halliwell left the Spice Girls, our then-mayor wrote her a letter asking her to reconsider.


4.You've won a walk-on role on your favorite television show and you get to suggest the new character you play. Which show and what type of character?
AH! What is my favourite TV show? Gossip Girl, Battlestar Galactica, Friday Night Lights? I'm ruling out any show not still on the air. And since BSG has already finished filming and all I talk about is Gossip Girl, let's go with Friday Night Lights! I am Coach Taylor's niece who comes to Dillon to visit (which means I get to hang out with Tammy, Julie, and Coach Taylor, and go to a game) and maybe, just maybe, I befriend Tim Riggins (didn't see that coming, did you?). He totally falls for me, but then I have to leave town. So sad. But maybe I'll be back? You never know.

5. If you left the webs tomorrow, what would you want your Internet eulogy to say?
Crissy Calhoun, chief only blogger at the Calhoun Tribune, departed the Internets today. Launching the Tribune in October 2004 for a readership of two, Calhoun was an inconsistent poster who never quite figured out how to make photos go where she wanted them on Blogger. Her love for Twitter, the Fail Blog and Dinosaur Comics was not enough to keep her in this realm. The Tribune will continue on without her, in the trusty hands of AnnaLynne McCord.

3 comments:

allthewine said...

Okay pretend to kill Dan, he'll fake his death, and we'll run away together. And then me and you and manBangs and LonelyBoy will meet up at a later date and time, because there is no keeping those two apart. True Man Love!

And I love Toronto. I love Richtree because I'm a tourist! But I had a friend who lived in the city for awhile and she should me all these hip boutiques and cafes in an area I currently forget the name of... I loved it. If it wasn't as cold as it is here, I'd totally move to Toronto.

Ryan said...

I love the bit about Geri Halliwell! Haha!

If you have time, I would love to be interviewed (e-mail: beyondtherubicon3@gmail.com).

I'll answer anything - from the general to the specific, the serious to the silly.

Crissy Calhoun said...

alright: questions forthcoming. let me think up some doozies. woo woo!