Wednesday, January 07, 2009

And While I'm At It

My roommate will rejoice: not only am i giving up on 90210, entirely, cold turkey, but I am also dropping Privileged.

I actually don't mind the Baker Twins or Megan or the Hot Billionaire Next Door or the Marco the Chef, but it is just so tiresome all piled together. Pointless and meandering without excellent quips (or outfits) to make the vacuity bearable.

90210 and Privileged really couldn't bear the comparison when I popped in season 2 of Friday Night Lights last night. Holy Dillon Panthers, that show is marvelous. I love Tammy and Coach Taylor, of course Riggins, and Smash. And that Minka Kelly's face reminds me just a little bit of Leighton Meester. So I have to like her character Lyla for that reason alone.

Season 3 of Friday Night Lights starts next Friday. night. (lights. ach.) the same night as Battlesmash Galacticar! TV OVERLOAD.

5 comments:

allthewine said...

aw, I'm still kinda charmed by Privileged, although my dad watched about 20 minutes of it and said "this is not a very deep show." But I don't watch it because it's deep....just pretty marshmallowy fluff. And I never watched 90210 so seems like I really dodged a bullet there!

allthewine said...

Oh, and I couldn't wait until Feb to watch it, so I've been downloading the episodes from DirecTV...and you are gonna FLIP OUT because it is so awesome and every episode makes you cry. Every single one. I plan on rewatching them on NBC to do my part for the ratings.

Crissy Calhoun said...

don't tell anyone but i bet i will still catch the odd episode of Privileged. I'm just not committed to watching it anymore. Or bloggin on it. (Which I wasn't that committed to anyway. Whoopsy.)

I cry watching every episode of FNL already. Oh man. Also: in November at an awards show, I was about 10 feet away from Riggins for, like, a whole hour. Swoooooon. But he forgot to fall in love with me. :(

Nikki Stafford said...

Ditto what allthewine said. Season 3 is a masterpiece. Freakin' masterpiece. I cannot WAIT for you to watch it so we can discuss muchly.

And Crissy, Tim fell in love with you, he was just too shy to admit it. :)

allthewine said...

IM SO INSANELY JEALOUS THAT YOU COULD'VE POSSIBLY SMELLED TAYLOR KITSCH'S BREATH.

I seriously haven't felt this way since I stopped reading Teen Beat. Which, technically I haven't stopped reading so...anyway..