Friday, July 04, 2008

i am using my favourite mug and making all the other mugs feel inferior

Listening to: Santogold, Santogold. Fabbity fav song so far: "Creator," but that's the one i knew from before.

Would like: blog readers to post their favourite artists/songs in the comments area because i need some fresh fresh fresh dope beats to drop in my ears

Just watched: the last three episodes of this half-season (4.0) of Battlestar Galactica. i now call it Battlesmash Galacticar so much of the time that I have to think *extra* hard to say it right. you guys were wondering about that, right? i don't want to be spoilery so let's just say that this show does not let up. it just smashes around making everything more awesome. (much like our pal t-rex.) i need to watch this season again (well, the whole series again) and really do some thinking cuz there are some BIG ideas in there. like, what is the meaning of life? big ideas.

me and bro Toe were having a mortality discussion on the train ride to Montreal last week. my argument was based entirely on what (Caprica?) Six had said about what 'life' means to Cylons because of their ability to download (i.e., a cylon never dies, his/her consciousness just goes into a new [and identical to their previous] body). then i realized i hadn't actually THOUGHT about it; i was just repeating what a fictional roboto lady said on the idiot box. (but i bet she is right...and i'll make the same argument next time i'm in that conversation.)

ANYWHOzy.

Re-watching: Season 1 of Gossip Girl and knowing I love it. This photo (to the right) is currently my 'puter's desktop. Because (1) it's a good photo of my GG peeps, and (2) Erino and I walked in that exact SAME spot on the Coney Island boardwalk mere weeks ago. It's glorious there and I wish the Donald Trumps of the world were put in a box and not let out. Then all the hundreds of teenagers could still hang out there on Friday afternoons, jumping in the water, going on the rides, getting snacks, and making some noise. But noooooooo, it's gotta be fancy-ass condos for fancy-ass people. See I don't like real-life rich people, just fictional rich people teenagers with excellent clothes and dialogue....

today i am going to a cottage because that is what ontarians do in the summertime. we go to cottages. this cottage (which my friend's parents built a few years ago) is more like a new house with nice clean hardwood floors, A/C, full-on bathrooms, comfortable big beds, italian kitchen gadgets, and giant windows. so you don't have a buggy dirty stay. and then you jump in georgian bay.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love the soundtrack to Hedwig and the Angry Inch...

Nora said...

Do you have an email I can contact you at with questions? I can be reached at nora@matchstick.ca

Thanks!