Saturday, January 19, 2008

did she ask you nice?

Atwood Update
i went to the TPL w/ sarah d. to see if there were any books for me
up on the shelf were four large tomes that i was to cart back to my homes
the library sent all three in one shot plus a Chabon (who i like quite a lot)
the short of it is they're still at work unread
and i'm still so far from having Atwood cred

that is what i call an rhymin accident. once i start rhymin, i can't stop. you want me to stop? (to indirectly quote a "free style" rapper erin & i encountered early one morning at an OM festival in the late 90s. she was terrible.)

i've been kept from my Atwood reading both by the books' imposing heft and by the arrival (at work) of two excellent magazines: Harp and Bust. Both have articles on Claire's main lady, Alison Goldfrapp, so truly I must read those first. And they are full of all sortsa music recommendations which is what I need, y'all.

since we last talked, i've read
The Birth House by Ami Mckay and quite enjoyed it (read Kerry's thoughts here). I've also done a fair 'mount of TV on DVD watching.


[sometimes i hate blogger & trying to make blog entries look pretty. argh...]


Friday Night Lights (courtesy of the Nikki Stafford TV on DVD Library and Education Centre): people kept saying you don't have to like football to like this show. And they were right. I do like watching the football parts & Erino can attest to the fact that I do cheer the Panthers on. I have to say that Tami Taylor is the best guidance counselor TV has ever seen and, yes, I'm including Ms. Buffy Summers in that estimation. I've only seen season one but this show's a keeper. Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose. [Looking for that picture, I found a blog, Strong Female Lead; I bet you can guess what it's about. Def spoilery but an excellent blog topic, I'd say.]

What am I up to? I'm eating berries, listening to Eve's Scorpion (inspired by that Bust cover, of course), making cupcakes for Richie today, and trying to get some f'n work done cause there seems to be an unending supply of it. I'm also trying to leave Britney alone: I complain about the fuckin paparazzi and trash magazines and the culture we live in where it's fine to torture celebrities cause they "asked for it" so it's highly hypocritical of me to then check Brit fan sites that pull photos and videos from the worst offenders (tmz, x17, us, and so on). I wanna know what's happening with her but frankly it's none of my business or yours. So once again, I'm checking out of that crap.

and one more thing: I finally saw Spike Lee's documentary When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts and if you haven't seen it, I seriously recommend it.

oh wait one more one more thing: Tammy's started a blog, Freedom 33.5! I'm planning on learning how to pay off my monster debt from her.

more coffee. and some Red River cereal! i haven't had it since i was a kid but it's come back to my world.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Thanks for mentioning my blog, C! Very sweet of you. I only hope I have some sort of wisdom to impart...