Thursday, January 18, 2007

Some Romance...

to tide you over til Charlotte and Kurt return.

This is real-life romance and it comes from Kerry, Editor in Chief of Pickle Me This:

. . . And so of course, I've got to weave a metaphor out of all of this. Which would be that I bought my wedding dress off the rack, on sale. The dress was gorgeous no doubt, but absolutely ordinary. The odds are that I will wear it again. And that ordinariness is my point. Our love for each other is so ordinary and absolutely unremarkable (and I mean this in the most romantic way one can), and I would not have to put on a costume to proclaim that. On my wedding day, I was dressed as myself, which was all that I had to be for us to work. It wasn't a fairy tale, but it was our real life, and one which is wonderful every day.

Pretty frakin good, eh? (Did I just kill the romance? I think I did. Sorry.)

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Now I'm embarrassed.

claz said...

you shouldn't be - it's lovely. also the reality was and is that you and the dress looked anything but ordinary.

Crissy Calhoun said...

don't be embarrassed, kerry! posted that in absolute earnestness. it really is the loveliest.