Saturday, January 14, 2006

frickin firkin feck fuck feck

if my brain was hooked up to blogger.com, i would blog much more frequently. i often have blog entries half-written in my head and then when i sit down here, i've got nothing but half-remembered half-written head-entries. but if my brain was hooked up to the internet, i think it would go even crazier than it already is. couldn't sleep last night b/c of non-stop thinking at very high speeds, followed by thoughts of the time about 10 years ago when T-Bo woke up with a bug on his neck.

So I got up and went to S's room and watched part of Moulin Rouge on her new in-room tv/dvd unit. Just to the part where Zidler discovers Christian and Satine are having an affair and Satine walks along the red curtains, sings a little mournful song, starts coughing blood, and we have a flash of her just-dead body. the other night on PBS there was a program about some actor who decided to mount a production of R&J in his bit of London (Houghton, Heightonshire, or something) with non-actors and he's a non-director. Anyway, Baz gives him some advice along the way and it was quite fascinating and reminded me of the cfa getting non-artsy people involved and how much they lurve it.

i've borrowed a number of books from the TPL -- mainly ones that are on the BBC top 100 or whatevs which i haven't read. First off, A Little Princess. I think that whenever a girl baby is born to people I know, I'll give the baby a copy of that book. Despite the fact that she won't enjoy it for nearly a decade. I don't care. It's a good book and everyone should have a copy. Next up, Margaret Drabble, The Millstone. Just started that one but like it like it. That was inspired by Kerry Cl. not by BBC. She's just finished the last existing Drabble book and so I thought I'd start in on them. I like to be about a decade behind (see Buffy and ebay).

the tax man hath cometh this week and ruined everything. well, nearly. OK, just the tax bit. i hate him/them/it. certainly not her. grr. argh. firk. fuck. and all the rest of it.

claire and i are plodding along w/ trip planning and have hit our first big question: when? seems as though other bits of life seem to think that they are more important that the italia '06 adventura. doubt it.

today is chrimbo gift exchange day. fiiiiiinally. will be participating in tasha's family xmas next sunday. so that will make it a month long festivus. fitting, i think.

bit bogged down w/ work; just feel like i'm never quite on top and slightly ahead on everything which is where i like to be. but am now grand master of intern department and that is fun.

where are my new year's resolutions? here are two: consume less aspartame (doing well so far) and smoke less (doing well so far). finish writing up resolutions (not so well).

2 comments:

Anthony Boylan said...

First off, where do you get this thing where you add r's to words? Is it a dad thing? It's kind of weird. It's okay but weird.

I think if you were hooked up to the internet you would be the most powerful human on the planet. You could control all the info flow and invest money in companies and then write articles about them and make their stock go up. Then you could take over MuchMusic's computers and play all the videos that you want played.

I've had a few brain-racey nights this year too. I don't know where they come from. Maybe anxiety about accomplishments and future. I just watch tv and ride it out.

Thanks for the bug-neck reminder. Now I'm picturing it crawling on my neck all over again.

Kerry said...

I think we're both about 40 years behind when it comes to Margaret Drabble. I think "The Middle Ground" is a book I'd most recommend. I hope you like Le Mill Stone. And it was good to see you Friday night!